If you're like me, you have a lot of protein samples laying around. They're great for travelling, but sometimes they just get tossed into a drawer and forgotten. Today, I was craving brownies, and found a sample size packet of Amazing Grass Amazing Meal Café Mocha, so I figured, why not throw together some protein brownies? Here's what I did:
Protein Brownie Bites
(Vegan, Gluten Free, Oil Free, No Added Sugar)(makes 8 brownie bites)
- 12 pitted medjool dates
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/2 15 oz. can of black beans (unsalted), rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup unsweetened plant milk of choice
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 sample size packet (or 1 scoop) of Amazing Meal Cafe Mocha (you can use another flavor, or another brand of vegan protein, but macro nutrient information won't be exact)
- 2 tbsp. carob powder (you can also use cocoa or cacao, but again, macros won't be exact)
- 1/4 cup Arrowhead Mills Organic Gluten-Free Pancake Baking Mix
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cover dates with warm water in your blender. Allow to soak about 10 minutes.
- When dates are softened, add the half can of beans, plant milk, and vanilla. Blend until smooth. You may have to scrape down the sides a few times.
- Add protein powder, carob, and gluten free baking mix. Blend again until smooth, scraping down sides as needed.
- In your silicone muffin pan, scoop out 8 muffins. If you don't have a silicone muffin pan, regular is fine, but you will have to spray them with baking spray or wipe a little bit of coconut oil inside to assure that they do not stick.
- Bake for 20 minutes, checking at about 15 minutes.